Thursday, June 28, 2012

So I started another blog

I'm giving myself less than 10 minutes to write this first post.  Because it's late and I'm tired!  But since I created this blog today, I figured I'd better make my first post.

I started this blog at the suggestion of a writer friend who, when I complained of writer's block, said I should start a blog about it.  So I guess what I'm going to do is just write about my struggles as a writer.  My chief problems being a lack of confidence in my artistic creativity, and a feeling of despair that I will never write anything worth publishing.

It's silly really, because mechanically I'm really a good writer.  I know I can write.  But the problem is, I don't often know what to write about.  Unless it just comes to me, sort of like right now.

I think if I just knew what to write about then I could spit out books so fast, that I'd be one of those people that get designated as "prolific writers".  That would be cool.  So I'm thinking since I attempted a fiction novel and failed there, I've got to remind myself that I failed because I didn't know what I was writing about.

The moral of this tangent is...if I'm going to write, I better write non-fiction or I better have some sort of outline for any fiction I might do.

But more on that later.

It's been about five minutes, and I think I've written enough for now.  Hey, it's a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment